Here is a great Google chrome extension that lets you identify font on a webpage – Whatfont. This a free google chrome extension and much useful for bloggers, webmaster, and web designers. I have specially found it useful in analyzing popular websites and their font designs.
Steps to use:
- Download the plug-in by going to the link. Install Whatfont
- Install the plug-in by clicking on the install button.
- After the installation, you will see a “f?” icon just adjacent to chrome’s address bar. Restart google chrome and visit your favorite website.
- Press on the “f?” icon and hover over the texts for which you need to know the font family, size, height etc.
- The details appear in a dark box indicating the type of font used. Now, a simple click of the mouse gets you further information about the font.